Discover the best way to keep your skin lustrous and aglow this holiday season!
Photo Caption: Celebrate your most radiant self this holiday at Jiva Med Spa!
Get Your Holiday Glow On: Top Treatments To Enhance Your Skin This Winter
Everybody wants to look great during the holidays! And with several wintertime holidays coming up, people want to look and feel their best while visiting with friends and family. It may be hard to find motivation to spruce up your beauty routine when gray skies, cold temperatures, and dry air begins to effect your mood and your skin. At Jiva Med Spa, we make it easy to rejuvenate your skin with a variety of valuable skincare services. With our numerous treatments and products, your complexion will be very merry and bright just in time for the holiday season!
Common Winter Skin Issues
Many of us experience reoccurring skin conditions during the winter due to the lack of humidity in the air. When the air is so dry, it sucks any moisture from the skin, leaving our noses red, our lips chapped, and our hands dry. It’s not surprising that our skin starts exhibiting side effects that need to be addressed, such as:
Dull, dehydrated skin
When the skin is so dry, it is unable to produce the oils needed to hydrate the skin that also contribute to its natural glow. As we age, the skin is thinner, so it also reacts faster to cold and heat.
Redness and irritation
When exposed to freezing winds, areas of the skin are prone to turn red (such as the nose, cheeks, or hands). Increased friction from extra clothing such as gloves and hats aggravate the skin further.
Cracked, flaky skin
Some people’s skin becomes so dry, it cracks and flakes. This frequently happens to the scalp and hands, and in more severe cases, causing blisters.
Dead skin cells tend to sit on the face, clogging pores and causing an increase in acne. Wearing seasonal face coverings to combat the cold air also adds to the irritation.
Every time we moisten our lips with our saliva, it dries them out even faster. In certain cases, chapped lips can crack and bleed if not properly hydrated.
No one wants to deal with these uncomfortable “winter skin” symptoms, especially around the holidays. In the wintertime, it’s crucial to make an adjustment to your skincare routine by implementing nourishing products or restorative treatments, such as hydrating facials, chemical peels, and more.
The Best Ways To Achieve Healthy Winter Skin
The number one priority in the wintertime is to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. Depending on your skin type and sensitivity, certain skincare products and treatments may be more effective than others. You can even try a revitalizing IV Hydration treatment if you’re feeling particularly undernourished. We recommend the following options that will nurture your skin and entire well-being, no matter the season!
- Skincare Products: Using a combination of several moisturizers, lotions, and serums will help keep the face hydrated. Certain formulas will help your skin produce its regular oils so as to increase moisture and renew your body’s natural glow.
- Facial Treatments: The face is a particularly sensitive area of skin that deserves the utmost care. Facials are an excellent procedure that cleanses and exfoliates the pores to improve skin texture, fine lines or wrinkles, and reduce acne and inflammation.
- Chemical Peels: Start off with a clean slate and choose a skin-resurfacing procedure that treats scarring, wrinkles, and clears away debris from clogged pores.
- Scalp Treatments: Whether a topical cream or vitamin supplement, there are many scientifically tested methods that restore damaged skin and hair follicles on your head to prevent dry scalp, dandruff, and potential blistering.
What Healthy Habits Can I Form To Help My Skin?
In addition to a medical aesthetic treatment, developing proactive skincare habits at home is equally important so you can keep your complexion shining year-round! Rejuvenate your skin with simple lifestyle changes such as:
- Drink lots of water to keep hydrated
- Steer clear of scratchy clothing
- Install a humidifier to add moisture to the air
- Avoid excessive hand washing and face washing
- Use only trusted, brand-name skincare products
- Pat on vs. rub in products, to reduce further irritation of the skin
Top Skincare Services At Jiva Med Spa
Our medical professionals administer a wide selection of high-end products and treatments that have proven results. Whether you’re combatting dry skin or simply want to improve your complexion for family holiday photos, we’ll help you find a brilliant solution.
The patented technology of the DiamondGlow facial uses a diamond-tipped wand to exfoliate the epidermis as well as clean debris from deeper skin layers. The newly uncovered, immaculate skin is then infused with exclusive SkinMedica serums that nourish and moisturize the face, neck, or décolletage areas. Post-treatment, the skin is brighter, plumper, and firmer, with some patients experiencing results almost immediately!
This invigorating treatment removes dead skin cells, the build-up of oils, and other impurities that clog the pores in just one 30-minute session. Hydrafacial uses a deeply penetrating wand with vacuum-like suction that extracts debris to improve dullness for bright, smooth skin. After treatment, the skin is hydrated via personalized skincare formulas full of active ingredients. Best of all, the technology can be applied not just to the face, but also the neck, decolletage, back, thighs, and arms. At Jiva Med Spa, we also offer the Hydrafacial Keravive treatment for the scalp, which is a non-invasive hair restoration procedure.
Dermatologist-Approved Skincare Solutions
There are a lot of skincare products on the market to choose from, but at Jiva Med Spa we carry the highest-performing topical treatments from the most established aesthetic brands.
- SkinMedica innovates new skincare solutions based on growth factor research, developing dozens of revolutionary formulas. Their serums and creams are rich with ingredients that treat skin tone and texture, fine lines and wrinkles, and replenish the skin’s overall health.
- Skinbetter Science: Every skincare product from skinbetter science originates from detailed scientific research. With various moisturizing creams, advanced repair serums, and exfoliating peels to choose from, skinbetter science addresses a large range of skin conditions with reliable, effective solutions.
- Alastin is an industry leader in skincare, with products than focus on enhancing the body pre and post treatment to ensure the most vibrant, long-lasting effects. All solutions are clinically tested to boost a glowy, youthful complexion with optimum results.
At Jiva Med Spa, you’ll have access to the most cutting-edge skincare services available in the aesthetic industry. From cleansing facials to microdermabrasion sessions, to laser skin resurfacing, our team will put together the perfect treatment plan.
Take Advantage Of This Deal!
EXCLUSIVE BLOG OFFER: Mention our December blog when you visit your local Jiva Med Spa to receive 20% off all our top-tier skincare products!